Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The not so average Thanksgiving list

With Thanksgiving upon us, as most of us do, I’ve compiled a list of things I’m most thankful for. Besides the most obvious things, like my health and my friends and family (which of course I’m thankful for), I have a few more specific items.

First, I’m thankful for the ability to express myself with written words. This ability has granted a somewhat socially awkward gal like me, the ability to communicate and express myself without stress (those that know me, know that I am, in general, not a talker).

Second, I’m thankful for my humbleness. It seems that more and more every day, every person I come into contact with is a very important person (please not the sarcasm here). I’m grateful that I’ve yet to begin feeling like I’m very important, because I’m not—and certainly hope that never changes, because in the grand scheme of things, the majority of us are not important. We all can’t be JFK or MLK, after all. But, wouldn’t it be cool if we were?

Third, I’m grateful for Ireland’s new Pet Travel Scheme, which will allow me to take my two best buddies, my cats, Charlie and Fox, with me to Ireland without quarantine when I move there to be with my husband.

Fourth, I'm thankful for Zumba and the great results it has given me as both a student and an instructor (my class is Tuesday nights at the John C. Henson Center in Hurricane at 7pm if you want to come).  An exercise program that doesn't feel like exercise, combines dancing and loud music is always a winner in my book.  Plus, it's fun!

Lastly, I’m thankful we’re all given the opportunity to change or the opportunity for a new beginning. These things are never easy, but often necessary and the results are almost always for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment